Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rock and Republic



Initial plan after the marathon was to kick off my shoes,throw my kain baju kurung theatrically and flop down on my bed with the air conditioner on full blast. Daddy dearest decided otherwise and dragged Arissa and I to the supermarket with him. He can be so clueless with grocery lists,and so can the both of us. Macam tiga bimbo first time pegi hahahaha. Got my hands on Ben&Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough after all this while. Thought my eyes were playing a trick on me when we quede up behind this lady. Can somebody say GR-uh-O? I know,I know ! It's Ramadhan and I'm supposed to watch this lasermouth of mine but I just couldn't help it. She was wearing this floral-printed shirt with puffy sleeves tucked in pinstripes hotpants with this awful imitation of Gucci. Don't even get me started on her sandals and her bleached-blonde hair. People with no fashion sense like her are a disgrace to Malaysians.No,seriously. I can't understand how people claim to know the A-Z of trends but then when they step out the house,their ensemble is seriously out of proportion. Macam,nak pile on all the trends at once. Nampak serabut,get me? Pair out of this world tops with simple jeans/tights,embellished skirts with a plain crop top or something. Classy not trashy HAHA. Sure,if you wanna dress straight out of the runway or an editorial page,go ahead. No,I'm not saying I dress impeccably well,I'm just stating my opinion. No offense. Anyways,the three of us went back home and waited for Mum and Amina before we headed off to One Utama to break our fast. Digged through my closet and found this faded denim jacket.Browsed around the shops for awhile and Mum was in the mood for retail therapy. Dorothy Perkins were selling this black bandage dress,Herve Leger-esque lagi ! Unfortunately,I do not have ze curves to fill in that dress hahaha. Started off slowly by purchasing a jetblack faux snake-skin bag from Miss Selfridges. Gotta have my hands on the animal-printed clutches though. But I just realized that M.Selfridges is way cheaper than Topshop. Hahaha,seriously man,takde lah murah gila sampai Forever 21 but it's reasonably priced. Kalau nak bandingkan dengan Topshop,the clothes are ridiculously priced. Tees for RM113?Seriously? "Tapi Sha beli jugak barang dekat Topshop " says you,ye tau tapi only on necessary things that you can't get your hands on anywhere else. Get me? The bag I bought costs RM150 which is two times less than the black,leather draw-string bag I wanted from Topshop. They promised to take us out this Saturday for another round and already,I'm feeling giddy. Had icecream at Haagen-Dasz with Uncle Bobot and his family. Sonia,whose five,wore this bandage-y dress hahaha comel gila ! Bontot tertonggek sini sana. Signing off now,studied up until one in the morning and I'll be entering slumber zone in T-minus five seconds. xx.

No comments: