Monday, July 20, 2009

I May Have Forgotten To Give You A Memo But I Think I've Fallen,Hard


Truth be told,I thought that it was simply over. That we never meshed well,that part of it was my fault. I was always too preoccupied with your flaws and somehow,that made me drift away. That we would go back to our mundane lives and back to the starting line,as friends.I thought that I would never speak to you the same way I did before. For awhile,I managed to get my life back on track and I was fine being unattached,like I always have all these years. You know when some people tell me that they can't live without having someone to cling on,to lean on,that's total bullshit.You don't need a guy/girl to make you feel insanely ecstatic 24/7. No offense intended. I was the commander in chief on my ship,I had no partner in crime. That was just how I rolled,I flew solo.

You were unexpected and uncalled for. You were never the person who crossed my mind.
You seemed like the center of a jigsaw to me,lost. We arranged the outermost bits first because they were the easiest but when it came to the core of it,we couldn't find that missing piece.
Sure,there were days when I would feel like banging my head against the wall. There were times when I stumbled upon a movie or a song or an alley that reminded me of you so much but I made myself forget about you. I stopped mentioning your name and I didn't bring you up in any relating conversations,ever. Honestly,I've heard people telling me how daft I was to let you go,I've heard people telling me that I toyed with your feelings,that I made you go through one hell of a rollercoaster and when you needed me the most,I just left you. The hardest part of it all? Knowing you enough to realize that you will never feel an ounce of hatred towards me.Trust me,the guilt I felt was far beyond my control.

And then,came the days where my ego was permanently bruised. I rambled on and on about the one. Who would give me butterflies whenever I see him,who would listen to the idiotic theories I came up with,who would call me in the middle of the day to tell me he misses me,who would make me laugh by doing absolutely nothing,who would make me stop mid sentence and smile whenever I talk about him,who would annoy me so much in the morning but the mere mention of his name would make me feel as if I just couldn't go to sleep without knowing whether everything was fine,who would genuinely love me even when I'm at the brink of a meltdown,knowing that he would jump off a building or hijack a plane or stage a bank heist for me. You know what the funny thing is? You were right in front of me all this while and sue me if you would but I really,truly need you.

No comments: